From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:45:16 EDT
Subject: Native Village Youth and Education News Update

Native Village Youth and Education News
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
May 15, 2002, Issue 72

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE website was created for youth, educators, families, and
friends who wish to celebrate the rich, diverse cultures of The Americas' First
Peoples. Each week we offer readers two current events publications:
NATIVE VILLAGE Youth and Education News, and NATIVE VILLAGE Websites and
Opportunities. Our website houses resource libraries, messages from the People, funding
and scholarship opportunities, and other information to enrich the lives of those from
Turtle Island.
Please visit, and sign up for our update reminders.  We are always glad to make new
friends.
NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
"Great Spirit, Great Spirit, my Grandfather, all over the earth the
faces of living things are all alike...Look upon these faces of
children without number and with children in their arms, thatthey
may face the winds and walk the good road to the day of the quiet."
Black Elk Oglala Sioux holy man

<<<>>><<<>>> VOLUME 1 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Onondaga To Speak At U.N.
Riding for America
New Haskell graduates share ambition to preserve cultures
Indian tribes watching sale of public land to Mormons

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 2 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Fond du Lac school holds grand opening
Dream Seekers
Students of Year took different paths to Haskell
U.N. kids' summit compromises to forge final declaration

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 3 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Treasure-Laden Galleon Found Off Panama
Post-9/11 Pain Found to Linger in Young Minds
The BEAR Project: Strong medicine for Indians with AIDS
Nevada Students Tackle DNA, Sage Grouse, Research

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 4 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Drought drives Navajo Nation to urge livestock sales
Familiar Faces Grace Gathering Of Nations
Novice Actor the Reel Deal
Denver filmmakers win top award in NYC

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
To read these and other news briefs in their entirety, please visit our website:
NATIVE VILLAGE  http://www.nativevillage.org
To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please email:
Subscribe@Native Village.Org

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE YOUTH AND EDUCATION NEWS is a free newsletter which informs
and celebrates in the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of the
Americas'
First Peoples.  We do not release subscriber or visitor names to anyone. Some articles
presented in NATIVE VILLAGE news and at  our NATIVE VILLAGE website may contain
copyrighted material. We have received appropriate permissions for republishing any
articles.
Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who
have expressed
an interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.

NATIVE VILLAGE is a copyright © of Gina Boltz and Valerie Crow
Members: Native American Journalists Association

All Rights Reserved.

You are always welcome here :-)!