From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:26:39 EDT
Subject: Native Village Youth and Education News Update
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Native Village
Youth and Education News
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
June 12, 2002, Issue 76
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

NATIVE VILLAGE website was created for youth, educators, families, and friends
who wish to celebrate the rich, diverse cultures of The Americas' First
Peoples. Each week we offer readers two current events publications: NATIVE
VILLAGE Youth and Education News, and NATIVE VILLAGE Websites and
Opportunities. Our website houses resource libraries, messages from the People,
funding and scholarship opportunities, and other information to enrich the
lives of those from Turtle Island.  Please visit, and sign up for our update
reminders.  We are always glad to make new friends.
<http://www.nativevillage.org./>NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

We are all given a song line. That's what you are meant to do with your life.
When you do that, it makes you happy and it makes everything happy around you."

Paul Taylor, Australian aboriginal

<<<>>><<<>>> VOLUME 1 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
CHICKASAWS HONOR WOMAN ON DAWES ROLL
INDIAN FAMILY LAYS CLAIM TO ANCESTRAL LANDS
NATIVE AMERICAN LEADERS RECOGNIZED BY FORD FOUNDATION
EXHIBIT SHOWS FORGOTTEN INDIAN TRIBE

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 2 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
ALASKA STUDENTS MAKE THE GRADE
SOUTHERN UTE SCHOOL ADDS 4TH GRADE CLASS
AMERICAN INDIAN FORCED TO LEAVE NEVADA GRADUATION CEREMONY
JUNE 26, 2002: INTERNATIONAL LEONARD PELTIER DAY/WEEKI EVENTS

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 3 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
GANG PROBLEM A SILENT SCOURGE ON NAVAJO NATION
SUMMIT HELD TO KEEP INDIAN YOUTHS FROM SMOKING
GOVERNMENT BLAMES HUMANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 4 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
WOMAN BEGINS HER "MUSTANG ODYSSEY "FROM YANKTON
CHEROKEE TAE KWON DO STUDENTS TO COMPETE IN KOREA
PRESIDENT CARTER CHAIRS SPECIAL OPENING OF "TRAIL OF TEARS" DRAMA
THE SNOQUALMIE TRIBE SAYS KEEP THE ISSAQUAH HIGH SCHOOL INDIANS

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
To read these and other news briefs in their entirety, please visit our
website:
<http://www.nativevillage.org./>NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org
To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please email:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Subscribe@Native Village.Org

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE YOUTH AND EDUCATION NEWS is a free newsletter which informs and
celebrates in the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of the
Americas' First Peoples.  We do not release subscriber or visitor names to
anyone. Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE news and at our NATIVE
VILLAGE website may contain copyrighted material. We have received appropriate
permissions for republishing any articles. Material appearing here is
distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an
interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.
NATIVE VILLAGE is a copyright © of Gina Boltz and Valerie Crow
Members: Native American Journalists Association
All Rights Reserved.
You are always welcome here :-)!