From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:56:50 EDT
Subject: Native Village Youth and Education News Update

Native Village Youth and Education News
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
September 11, 2002, Issue 83
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

NATIVE VILLAGE website was created for youth, educators, families, and friends who
wish to celebrate the
rich, diverse cultures of The Americas' First Peoples. Each week we offer readers two
current events publications:
NATIVE VILLAGE Youth and Education News, and NATIVE VILLAGE Websites and
Opportunities. Our website
houses resource libraries, messages from the People, funding and scholarship
opportunities, and other information t
o enrich the lives of those from Turtle Island.  Please visit, and sign up for our
update reminders.  We are always glad
to make new friends.
NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

"If we, as the First Nations, can forgive our history since 1492, everyone else also
has the ability to forgive. Forgiveness
is the greatest of human challenges. This is my hope for you ... and for the America
that we all love."
Henrietta Mann, Southern Cheyenne

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 1 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Hawaiian Language Class Debuts on Web
Ananaksaq’: Inuit grandmother
Students learn diversity with skin-tone paints
Indian reservation school posts gains in writing scores

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 2 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Haskell Indian Nation University eyes online exhibits
University of Winnipeg Slammed Over Lost Artifacts
A first: Tribe elects female president
Pokagons unveil tribal flag

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 3 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Native youth top drug use survey again
Air pollution changes rainfall, may cause drought
Calif. study confirms "sudden death" hits redwoods
NAU scientists get hogans for housing, labs

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 4 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
A New York City Sketchbook
Two blockbuster exhibits explore Native American culture
Native Americans look to reclaim Hollywood image
WORLDS JOINED

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE FEATURE<<<>>><<<>>>
September 11: We Remember
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

To read these and other news briefs in their entirety, please visit our website:
NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org
To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please email:
Subscribe@Native Village.Org
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

NATIVE VILLAGE YOUTH AND EDUCATION NEWS is a free newsletter which informs and
celebrates in the
education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of the Americas' First Peoples.  We
do not release subscriber
or visitor names to anyone. Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE news and at our
NATIVE VILLAGE website
may contain copyrighted material. We have received appropriate permissions for
republishing any articles. Material
appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have
expressed an interest. This is in accordance
with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.

NATIVE VILLAGE is a copyright © of Gina Boltz and Valerie Crow
Members: Native American Journalists Association
All Rights Reserved.
You are always welcome here :-)!