Hello Scott.

1. It seems to me that we need in some way
to change the list of "Components" tab.
You wrote:
> What 'd like it to show is a list of the add-on binaries
> that Kaboodle uses: Gnucleus, VNC, WinPCAP, ZeBeDee.
There are members of two kind in above list:
a) - Binaries, which are *obligatory* part of Kaboodle.
Without them a user cannot to run Kaboodle.
Please try to remove GnucleusProto.dll and start Kaboodle.
You will see a MessageBox
*The dynamic link library GnucleusProto.dll
could not be found in the specified path...*
and Kaboodle didn't runs.
Therefore if a user successfully runs Kaboodle, then above binaries
is successfully installed already.
Also I know that Kaboodle always activate GnucleusProto.dll at start up.
I guess that Kaboodle will activate ZeBeDee at start up also.
(I didn't know that Kaboodle uses WinPCAP now.)
It seems to me that it is not interesting for user to see
an information about such binaries.
I suggest didn't include in "Components" list binaries,
which are *obligatory* part of Kaboodle.
Otherwise the status of them will be "active" always.
There are many other system binaries,
which are *obligatory* part of Kaboodle, for example:
ws2_32.dll, Rpcrt4.dll, Crypt32.dll, netapi32.dll, mpr.dll, etc.
You can open Kaboodle in "Dependency Walker"
- Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\depends.exe
and see list of all binaries, which used by Kaboodle.
There are several tens of such binaries.
Why we need show GnucleusProto and don't need show above tens?

b) - Binaries, which are *optional* part of Kaboodle,
but which allow to expand Kaboodle's functionality.
For example, VNC is such binary.
If a user will open "Components" tab and see that VNC didn't installed yet,
then the user can click "Get Info" button and
see how interesting VNC service is.
After that the user may be decide to install VNC.

So I suggest include in "Components" list binaries,
which are of kind 1.b only.
Please let me know what you think about that.

2. Now I see only single component VNC,
which can be implemented in above tab.
I suggest divide that component into two parts:
VNC server and VNC viewer and show both these parts independently.

The status of "VNC server" can be "active",
"installed" or "didn't installed".
The data "active" already is present in the Kaboodle's NID.
But data "installed YES\NO" is absent.
It's possible to add that data into the NID.

The status of "VNC viewer" can be "installed" or "didn't installed" only.
That data is absent now,
but it seems to me that we can add that data into the NID.
I don't want to include status "active" - it is very run time data,
and we'll have to rewrite some Kaboodle's VPN protocol.

Please let me know what you think about that.

- Igor