Igor:
        Actually...I compiled the latest stuff in Release mode,
then deleted the GnucleusProto.dll file, and Kaboodle started
up fine. That's the whole point of this modification request. :)
I'm not so worried about "debug assertion failures" as I am
worried about the application not starting up.

        As for WinPCAP, I believe the check to see if it's
installed is already in the snifferthread code. VK, can you
identify where that check is exactly?

-Scott