Just to throw in (an admittedly external) $0.02: with Git, at least, *everyone*
has a full copy of the repo, +/- local changes, so even a catastrophic failure
of the apache Git servers would still allow a reconstruct of the repo elsewhere
(say GitHub, or a different apache server). AFAIK, this isn't possible with SVN.

Derek

--
Derek Chen-Becker
Lead Infrastructure Engineer