With the dot-org hat on, I wish the Open Letter had a little bit more of a
dot-org focus instead of focusing on the individual.

What the current controversy highlights is that FSF board changes occur without
an election and without significant transparency.[1]

This is not KDE e.V.'s organizational setup, and it's also not the setup we
would like to see in an organization that aims to centrally represent Free
Software. It's also likely that the current and other situations would have
been prevented by a healthier, more participatory board setup.

I think the discussion of where to take the FSF (or representation for Free
Software communities in general) next is what matters beyond the current moment
in time. This is worth thinking about in the coming days, and also discussing
with our partner dot-orgs.

1 = https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/fsf-amended-bylaws-current.pdf

Best regards,
Eike Hein