On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:52 PM Eike Hein <h...@kde.org> wrote:

> With the dot-org hat on, I wish the Open Letter had a little bit more of a
> dot-org focus instead of focusing on the individual.
>
> What the current controversy highlights is that FSF board changes occur
> without an election and without significant transparency.[1]
>
> This is not KDE e.V.'s organizational setup, and it's also not the setup we
> would like to see in an organization that aims to centrally represent Free
> Software. It's also likely that the current and other situations would have
> been prevented by a healthier, more participatory board setup.
>
> I think the discussion of where to take the FSF (or representation for Free
> Software communities in general) next is what matters beyond the current
> moment in time. This is worth thinking about in the coming days, and also
> discussing with our partner dot-orgs.

So much this!
asking to remove rms because he had toxic behaviors is really a
strawman argument and completely misses the point.
RMS *is* unfit for that position, yes.
He *did* say horrible horrible things, yes.

but the question is: why didn't he have to run for election (and such,
probably lose) in order to enter the board again?

--
Marco Martin