>On 30 September 2011 14:44, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralw...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:59:45 +0200
> Myriam Schweingruber <myr...@kde.org> wrote:
>
>> I am answering here as an active bug triager.
>
> Sorry for the noise, bu you seem to be a "german language" native. What
> exactly is "triage" ? I could not find it in my english dictionary ( is a
> little old )

Triage used to be a word solely used in the medical field.
Wikipedia says triage "is the process of determining the priority of
patients' treatments based on the severity of their condition"

A triager is a person who makes the decision whether a bug is critical
and top priority, or not. So the worse bugs get handled first because
Myriam (and other triagers) make the decision to set priorities for
bugs, assign them to the right developers, and close them when they
are fixed.