Am 21.10.2011 13:10, schrieb Esben Mose Hansen:
> Kate is pretty terrible, popping up a dialog asking me to reload even though
> there is no unsaved
> data. I hate dialogs popping up when I am writing something, especially for
> trivial issues.

but there was a change on the file-system and you NEED to know this because it
is pretty useless to edit a file what is changed on disk and overwrite changes
of other people

kate is doing nearly all perfect

the only missing option is "do not notify me about future changes of this file"

so you cold open logfiles without permanently popups
AND you are noticed if somebody changed a file you have opened before

what never must happen is to reload automatically, there are really no
usecases to do this without any warning, really no