On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 09:01, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 21.10.2011 13:46, schrieb Søren holm:
>> Why is it bad to have files not changed from within the editor reload when
>> they
>> change?
>
> because if i work half an hour in a css-file and another one makes a simple
> change and press "save" it will destroy all my work - with the dialog
> a make a loud cry "who the fuck is changing this currently" and we can
> decide what changes was bigger

Two people working on the same source file at the same time without a
VCS in between seems like a pretty rare use case to me. Or at least I
hope it is. :)

Personally I really liked Thomas' suggestion of (providing the option
to) automatically reload unmodified files, but keep the previous state
in the undo history. That gives a no-nag experience AND a natural way
to recover the previous version. Although I guess if one were watching
a log file, it could get out of hand. Maybe a limit would have to be
placed on the amount of memory the undo stack could consume.

Parker