On Friday, October 21, 2011 13:15:10 Reindl Harald wrote:
> what never must happen is to reload automatically, there are really no
> usecases to do this without any warning, really no

There is, and it's a pretty common one. Using Git and pulling, for example. Or
rebasing, or checking out a separate branch.

In that case, I'd like it to reload all files, without me asking and without
having to confirm every reload -- after all it's exactly what I asked for when
typing git pull.

Moreover, this doesn't mean that I don't want warnings in the future. It's a
reaction to an explicit action I triggered. If I would like to have the opened
files as backup, that's a clear indication that I'm using the wrong tools (or
the right tools in the wrong way).
--
sebas