2011/10/21 Sebastian Kügler <se...@kde.org>:
> On Friday, October 21, 2011 13:15:10 Reindl Harald wrote:
>> what never must happen is to reload automatically, there are really no
>> usecases to do this without any warning, really no
>
> There is, and it's a pretty common one. Using Git and pulling, for example. Or
> rebasing, or checking out a separate branch.

It's a common usage for (kde) developper not for normal user. I don't think
kate is a good candidat for such a feature as is not itended to be a developer
tools.

For the case you describre (VCS file change) I think it's the only
situation where
 a IDE should reload file withou asking by default, in other cases you
don't know
what the user has realy done and you mustn't have default behavior that are
destructive

--
Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet

Victory was near but the power of the ring couldn't be undone