Am Wed, 23 Nov 2011 04:27:33 +0000
schrieb Zé <mmode...@gmail.com>:
> This is the kind of thing you can test locally,
No, all KUniqueApplications
- including polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1 - start up fine for me,
sorry.

> and this isnt simply happening with me but with others
Please name one, ideally provide a link to such report.

> that are using master
See Andreas mail - in case you really are, you have of course also
recompiled polkit-kde from extragear, have you?

> i simply decided to investigate a litle further :)
apparently not, because this ...

> By the way i runed with another client (non-kde lxpolkit) and worked
> fine.
... has nothing to do with it at all.

The assert is hit because *this* process attempts to access the process
arguments before KUniqueApplication::addCmdLineOptions() is called
(following the google would have told you) what to my experience
*usually* (there's of course broken usage) is a dbus communication
error.

This is faaar before any polkit related code takes place (and latest
stable polkit-kde works fine for me)

Since i remotely recall(ed) that your former mail (does plasma meanwhile
startup...?) included some dbus warning, I suspect/ed a related issue
here.

Thomas