Hi Lindsay,

You are right, a higher layer will be needed and this is not a Baloo job
but if you want to build a layer like this Baloo must run as a service and
not as a KDE user level.

>From my point of view running Nepomuk at user level was a mistake and I
would like Baloo don't do the same mistake because I can't share my actual
information with my computers and devices and, again as my point of view,
this is old computing.

Obviously this was my petitions :), I'm not interested at all in Akonadi,
is old computing too for people who works in only one computer, and I can't
share my Nepomuk's data with all my devices so I think a software developed
in 2013 supports 2013 software requirements.

For me it will be terrific when I tag, comment or rate a file in one of my
devices and automatically this information will be available in all my
devices and if Baloo works at user level this will be impossible.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:22:32 AM Ignacio Serantes wrote:
> > I'm not requesting this features now but I think this must be necessary
> in
> > the future and this is the right moment to develop thinking in the
> future.
> > If not when we need this kind of features Baloo will be in a dead end
> like
> > with Nepomuk.
>

> I'm failing to see how sharing your music meta data with multiple users
> fits
> with the design goal of a simple and fast low level  personal meta data db.
>
> What you want would seem to be better implemented at a higher level.
>

> Remember Plasma Widgets shared over the network? I'm pretty sure most users
> don't and they were PITA before they were quietly dropped.
> --
> Lindsay

Best wishes,
Ignacio