It may be that I didn't fully understand the idea behind hotkeys in KDE, but I
found some issues that might require tweaking.

The mechanism behind that feature is quite strict. There are always some mod
keys + ONE other keys (such as letters). There is no way to create a shortcut
with two "other keys". I know it is quite more difficult in desing because user
rarely will press two keys in exacly the same time, and adding any delay to
avoid this issue might disapoint people using regular hotkeys (depending on
delay time).

What I would like to actually reproduce is the behaviour from Visual Studio.
The user is able to desing hotkeys as:
-Press CTRL
-Press first key
-Press second key
-Release CTRL
It is activated upon last step.

Of course it would bound us to unacceptable behaviour. For example user
pressing ALT+Tab is expecting that it will immediately invoke some kind of
task switcher animation.

I think it could be solved by executing the action before releasing of mod-
button if there is no further combination available. For example if user has
created shortcut ALT+Tab+Q, the task switcher would be shown after releasing
CTRL, because it's still possible to press Q, and invoke different action.

I think many would benefit from such enhancement. For example I am thinking of
enabling all features of VIM in Kate's normal mode. VIM-mode itself is too
difficult for new programmers, and there is too many commands to do it right
now.

Of course we can find some flaws.
Example: user is expecting some hotkey to be instant and current application
adds the new one that extends it.
Let's say that given app add CTRL+S+X. CTRL+S is no longer instant. Unaware
user want to quickly save the file and open a new one. He use CTRL+S and CTRL+O
without releasing CTRL to make it faster. It is interpretet as CTRL+S+O which
is unknown. I think we all can imagine other cases where it would be
disastrous.
I still don't have idea how to deal with it. I always tend to realease CTRL
after every hotkeys but I believe some people doesn't.

Anyway. I think it looks interesting. I'd like you to think about it and share
your thoughts. Maybe something like this is worth adding to KDE. Maybe it
would be valuable GSoC idea, as I heard there aren't too many of them.