Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2014 schrieb Andreas Pakulat :

> In particular I'm using it to start my preferred browser and to control
my preferred mp3 player. The latter is a cli-tool so it has no global
shortcuts support but it has invocations which talk to the running instance
and can do play, pause etc.
> That part of khotkeys has been working for me from KDE 4.2 up until now
(4.11 here), so no idea why it is considered to be 'broken'.

I think, the only part severely "broken" is triggering random input events.

On non non-focused windows that requires xsendevent (for kbd input at
least) which noeadays seem largely ignored by clients. This might be
different with wayland (ability to discriminate a synthetic event in
general?), but i guess it's a security concern.?.

An alternative might be a GUI for xbindkeys and a resp. wayland pendant (if
such exists), but i guess kglobalaccel would have to be moved to such
backend in general.

Cheers,
Thomas