kdudka added a comment.

  I do not think we have to.  Please have a look at how attr_copy_fd() from
<attr/libattr.h> is implemented:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/attr.git/tree/libattr/attr_copy_fd.c?id=a4187bec#n111
  This code is quite mature and it is used by cp(1) on GNU/Linux for instance.
I do not think that KDE users will appreciate some blindly coded fancy features
on top of that when the basic functionality gets totally broken as a result of
these experiments.  Please keep the code simple and reliable.

To: arrowd, dfaure, chinmoyr, bruns, #frameworks, tmarshall, usta, cochise
Cc: kdudka, usta, scheirle, tmarshall, arrowd, cfeck, bruns, phidrho, dhaumann,
funkybomber, abika, pino, davidedmundson, ngraham, atha.kane, spoorun,
nicolasfella, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, michaelh