On 16.05.2012 10:23, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
Alberto Villa<avi...@freebsd.org>  writes:

This is not orthogonal. The problem is that kdelibs and
shared-mime-info have conflicting files in plist. Those files should
not be there, imho, because we shouldn't list in plist files in
share/mime/* other than those in share/mime/packages, and then have
update-mime-database create the other .xml files. I do just like that
in kdenlive:
OK, I see that we were talking about different parts of Dima's patch.

It looks like we should do what other projects also do, and not keep
track of those entries in /usr/local/share/mime/{applications,...}:

  * shared-mime-info itself should be run with --disable-update-mimedb
  * kdelibs4 should patch mimetypes/CMakeLists.txt and disable the call
    to update-mime-database there, and run it in post-install.

This way, there are no conflicting files registered in the plists. BTW,
if mimetypes/CMakeLists.txt is patched, I believe we can get rid of this
patch before the rest of the infrastructure work.

Agreed. patch was only as temporary solution to resolve build conflicts.
Anyway, KDE's prototype have duplicated definitions, which already present in s-m-i, and it should be deleted by upstream. just my 0.02ยข

--
Dima Panov (flu...@freebsd.org)
KDE@FreeBSD team

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fluffy.khv