On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:02:32 -0700, Tracy R Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Doug LaRue wrote:
Except for server systems, Dell is the only one pre-installing on
consumer systems so I can't see how that comment applied to consumers or the general puplic.

Don't forget the EEE PC and the OLPC and a couple new ultra-portable laptops that are coming out with Linux pre-installed. There have been around half a million each of EEE PC and OLPX deployed. That's a million desktop Linux users right there. In fact check out this article which I read just this morning:

http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/04/1746237&from=rss

Also related and interesting:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9960210-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

Hopefully something comes of it and it isn't just lip service from Acer.

-Matt

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org