<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
> So google just announced their own web browser implementation: Chrome
>
> Google has produced this little comic book which explains very well some
> of the seemingly good ideas behind their browser:
>
> http://books.google.com/books?id=8UsqHohwwVYC&printsec=frontcover#PPA6,M1
>
> And I must say, this does sounds like a very good idea. Makes me wonder
> why Firefox didn't come up with it ages ago.

The threading/crash protection stuff sounds interesting, but I'm tired of
hearing about all these new, awesome UI innovations that have existed in
Firefox and Opera for half a decade. Firefox is also an offender in this
space.

Tabs on top? Oh my! How innovative! How about tabs on the left and right?

And nine 'quick link' panels on your default tab? I've been enjoying that
in Opera for two years now, thank you. Same with fraud and phishing
protection, etc.

I can understand their need/want to 'sell' this to people that only care
about that stuff, but focus on the cool technical stuff and stop passing
off the current state of the art in browser UI as something new.

-Matt

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org