From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Larry&Sallie
Flesner
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:43 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> VW / oil cooling

>I am working on my cooling and am hoping to use a fiberglass plenum on
>a VW similar to Mark Langford on his Corvair.

Just wondering, with the oil playing such a large part in engine cooling and
the VW seeming to always have cooling issues in the KR,  has anyone
considered using a larger remote oil tank, giving more volume, and locating
it in an easy to cool location.  My 0-200 has no oil cooler, uses a 6 quart
kidney shaped tank hanging below the engine in free moving air and my oil
temp has never exceeded 210 F that I can recall.

Larry Flesner

please see other KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html see