Another source of trim tab installation photos is
http://www.n56ml.com/trimtab/index.html .  Mine's in the elevator and works
perfectly.  If you built the horizontal stab per plans to be only 5/8"
thick, I'm not sure if the MAC servo will fit inside either h/s or elevator.
It'll be a tight fit, for sure.   N891JF, however, has the servo located
mid-fuselage with nyrod running back from there.  It's pretty hoaky, I
think, but lasted 25 years.  When I bought it the nyrod had disintegrated
and the housing allowed the servo to move without moving the tab...pretty
ineffective, and likely a great way to introduce flutter.   I flew it home
with two #2 screws run between h/s and tab to keep them from moving.  See
enclosed photo.  This had the benefit of giving me a good indication of how
much and which direction I needed to add a permanent tab to, so in the event
of a total trim tab departure of some sort, the plane would be neutral at
cruise. For test purposes I'd just like the tab down solid and not worry
about it.  I rarely adjust the trim except for cruising somewhere anyway.
I've since replaced the nyrod (available at R/C hobby stores), and it works
OK, but is a little sloppy....

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com