Thanks for the feedback.  I can see from the port and o-ring locations that
there is likely no other means of "checking" the flow.  I installed new
Viton o-rings at rebuild, and I'm pretty sure I checked compatibility with
the aircraft fluid.   I've heard from several folks offline that these are
likely Rosenhan cylinders, and are notoriously hard to bleed effectively, so
I'll try harder.  I also talked to Jim Faughn, and he assures me that when
they're working correctly, I'll be happy with them.  So for the moment, I'll
persevere...

 Thanks,

 Mark Langford
 ML at N56ML.com