That looks like the missing piece of info that I was wondering. I suppose
nothing stops one from having both, and I wonder if that would be prudent. I
could relate to the comments about over stressing the cable and pulleys and in
a adrenaline situation we may not be self-aware and push the foot too hard. So
it looks like we have a reason for something to protect the flight surface from
banging over too far, and also the control cable and related from being
stressed. Why not both?