The 150/152 rudder stops on the rudder horn was in response to loss of control
issues during training specifically spin training

The original stops were much smaller and could jump over the adjustment stop
resulting in jammed rudder and several deaths

Regarding stress on cables as a former 152 owner I put enough stress on the
rudder stop once In a cross wind landing I should not have attempted that I
bent a pulley bracket

The A&P stated the cable was fine and just repaired the bracket

Looking back on it now maybe he did not want to rerun the rudder

That was my experience

Gary