Dan,

Thanks.  I also bought WW's Corvair manual and have been looking around the
Colorado Springs area to acquire the right block.  So far no luck for the
right price; at least.  In the meantime, I have been studying this VW.  If
I didn't have this engine already I might be looking harder for a Corvair
core.  Starting to think I might be better off with a corvair; in the end.

E.