Large valves have their problems, that is why ( I'm quite sure ), that Steve
quit using them in his heads.  I went thru 3 sets of heads with the valves
sinking in the seats, before an expert VW mechanic told me that the reason
was that the aftermarket heads were cast using plugs for the exhaust ports
to make it easy to just pull the plugs out after casting, and then when you
grind it for large valves, you take off too much meat from the head so there
is not enough left to support the valve and dissipate the heat.

I got a set of genuine VW heads (made in Brazil or Mexico, can't remember
which), with standard valves and the mechanic ported them properly, by hand.
Never had that problem again.  That and all the other things that were found
wrong with the engine being corrected and $5000 solved all my VW problems.
That is the major reason why I did not build my Corvair engine and why I
have had no problems with it.  You don't know what you don't know until it
bites you.

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

2015 KR Gathering - McMinnville, OR.  September 3 - 6 -- See U There.

Peoples Choice at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best KR at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Paint at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Firwwall Forward at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior and Panel at 2008 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC