On you stub wing. I would just add a couple of layers of carbon fiber. Buy
enough to make your panel also.http://www.uscomposites.com/carbonpage.html

Paul ViskBelleville Il618-406-4705

-------- Original message --------From: Robert7721 via KRnet <krnet at
list.krnet.org> Date: 9/23/2015  7:41 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: krnet at
list.krnet.org Cc: Robert7721 <robert7721 at aol.com>, Twnorman at msn.com
Subject: Re: KR> Several Questions:

Trevor,

I've see several posts back to you on using conduit inside. That is probably
the best solution. If you do try and do it on an exterior surface, use the
bottom - no one will ever see the repair job.? Same for the wing walk - leave
the top alone and add just a couple of more layers on top for the step -
reinforce from the bottom and repair the fiberglass from that side as well.

Not sure about your question on heating, but the Tony Bingelis books have a ton
of hints on how to build your own shroud heater - his design is what I used. I
highly recommend his books. He also has info on Panels, lighting, wiring, etc.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/bv/books_bingelis.html

My strobe on top does not have any reinforcement added.

Happy building!

Rob Schmitt
N1852Z
www.robert7721.com

Sent: Tue, Sep 22, 2015 10:18 pm
Subject: KR> Several Questions:

So, I'm finally getting started on my airplane I bought while I
was
deployed. I conned a friend to help me by giving him the completed frame
of
my Super Koala (his father is one of those who wanted a low and
slow
aircraft). Tomorrow we are going to break ground on some of the projects
have before I start putting everything together.

I am going to be
cutting a thin line in the wing so I can lay electrical
cable to the position
lights and strobes at the tips of the wings. The
person I bought the aircraft
from didn't run any electrical through the
wings, so I'm thinking of using a
dermal to cut a narrow deep line so I can
lay the cord without having to dig
through the spar and what not. Then I
plan on filling in the hole with foam and
re-applying fiberglass.

It was suggested that instead of placing it on the
leading edge, that I
place the cut under the wing.

So, my question is which
is a better idea, the leading edge, where it will
then be
re-sealed/fiber-glassed or under the wing?

While on the subject of the wings,
anyone have experience with STOLSPEED
Vortex Generators for the wings that
they'd be willing to share their
performance experiences?

Also, I'm
adding a smaller LED beacon to the top of the airframe, and where
it's going to
sit is just a thin piece of fiberglass (about 2-3 feet behind
where the
turtle-deck would be. Generally speaking, should I reinforce that
area before I
install it, or leave it alone?

Third question, anyone have experience
with designing electrical systems,
and installing cabin heaters using a shroud
around the exhaust pipes?

Next, on the wing stubs, I will essentially
need to cut out the top
fiberglass on both sides in order to re-enforce the
areas where I'll be
walking on the wings so I can get in and out. What is the
best way of doing
this? Adding wood or extra layers of fiberglass?

Lastly,
anyone have suggestions on how to make the panel? I'm thinking
fiberglass or
aluminum. I am getting rid of the old panel in hopes I can
simplify the layout
so it's more user friendly.

Thank you very much for your help in
advance.