T. W. Norman wrote:

 > Tomorrow we are going to break ground on some of the projects I
 > have before I start putting everything together.

My thrust line is 2.5" below the tops of the longerons, and the plane
behaves normally with changes in throttle setting.
See http://www.n56ml.com/corvair/mount_fit.html for more on that and
engine mount construction.

Also, my carb heat / heater solution is shown at
http://www.n56ml.com/corvair/airbox/.

There's a lot of good information in the archives at
http://tugantek.com/archmailv2-kr/search.  If you'll visit there, and
enter the word "thrust" in the "subject" field, you'll get a hundred
messages previously sent to the list, most on the subject of thrust
lines and locations.  Entering other key words will yield equally good
results.  I'm not discouraging questions to the list, but you can get a
LOT more replies and viewpoints in a matter of seconds, instead of
waiting a few days to get one or two...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com