Mike,

There are a couple of problems with the type 4.
The first is cost, parts are up to twice as expensive as for the type 1.
The 2nd. is weight, the installed weight will be about 245lbs.
For the weight and cost, you can have a Corvair engine.  Last year I
gave away a good type 4 2L engine No one would buy it.
--
Wayne DeLisle Sr.