Hi Mike,
      Bill Masquelier and I have the basics for a type 4 across the field
from you. We have the cases, crank, heads. We got it because of Mark
Langford's initial enthusiasm for that type VW. They do the machining up at
Lake Elsinore. If you or anyone else is interested let us know. We are
using a type 1 for the enumerated reasons.
      Larry Bell