Since I use a distributor instead of a mag, I installed a vacuum pump were the
mag mounts. Made a drive that bolted on. Has worked for over 500hrs with no
issues.

-------- Original message --------
From: S via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Date: 01/25/2016  07:34  (GMT-05:00)
To: KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Cc: S <s_sbal at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: KR> Manifold vacuum

> It was a very long time ago.? The engine was a Type 1 VW, and the carb was
> probably a POSA.? If there was any mixture control, it had to be manual.

Thank you Dan !
I got a full set of vaccum instruments from a very friendly aircraft mechanic
and I am exploring the best way to supply them, preferably without the use of
draggy and icing-prone external venturi.
I may try to use some sort of combined manifold vacuum/exhaust venturi to
create enough vacuum in all flight conditions.

Stefan
s_sbal "at" hotmail.com??