Or go the obvious route and get a small low cost EFIS and sell your
vacuum instruments to someone with a certified plane, love for round
gauges, or fear of new technology.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: KR> Manifold vacuum
From: Gary Hinkle via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Date: Mon, January 25, 2016 7:22 pm
To: KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Cc: Gary Hinkle <Gary19521 at verizon.net>

The theory is good. But it takes too much power to spin a vacuum pump to
the rpm required to operate in the proper range. The weight of the
electric motor required to produce enough power to spin a pump, and the
amps required, is not worth it. There are electric vacuum pumps on the
market for certified aircraft. They are used as backup systems to get
you on the ground. Heavy, high amps, expensive. The only reliable ways
to power instruments is venturi, dry or wet vacuum pump, or electrical
instruments. I'm an A&P, ex corporate, cargo, charter pilot. And I do
think outside the box most of the time. Have had my KR2 going for 20
years.