Of course compressed air is 78% Nitrogen.  You use nitrogen on struts because
it's dry so you don't add moisture to the strut.  Nitrogen in tires is mostly a
waste of money for tires since some moisture and 20% other gasses included
aren't going to make much of a difference in the leakage rate.

-Jeff Scott
?

----

Nitrogen is supposed to be better to not slow leak because the molecules
are bigger than regular air. I always took that with a grain of salt
thinking how much of a difference can it make.

A few months ago I helped a neighbor rebuild the nose strut on his 172.
He wanted to fill it with nitrogen instead of regular air, but our
friends nitrogen bottle was empty. I have a CO2 bottle with a regulator
for portable use of air tools and figured that would be as dry as the
nitrogen and just as good. We filled the strut and the next day it was
empty. Did it again and same results. Googled and found that CO2 has
molecules smaller than regular air so we filled it with air and it has
been good since.

So, how much slower would nitrogen leak than air, no idea, but worth a
try. Airline tires are filled with nitrogen for less leakage, more
convenient on the line to roll out a nitrogen bottle than a compressor
that can go to a few hundred PSI, and less expansion at high
temperatures.