The reason nitrogen is used on planes is that heat does not effect pressure. We
use it to pressure test hvac systems. I can charge it with 350 lbs at 10
o'clock and 80* outside an come back at 4 when it is 105* and it will have the
same pressure. Aircraft use it because tires do not expand when filled with
nitrogen. My struts take nitrogen if you use air the strut will very in length
when temp changes.

Sent from my iPhone