Mr. Locker,
If it is truly your intent to build an affordable yet safe purpose-built
aircraft then you need to do some research on this aircraft specifically.  ON
Mark Langford's site there is a link to an evaluation done by I believe Tony
Bengalis the KR2 and has ALOT of valuable information concerning this aircraft.
 If your intention is to utilize this platform in flight regimes that will use
oxygen, mandatory in civilian aircraft after 30 minutes above 12,500 feet, or
immediately after climbing through 14,000 feet, and desire the additional
equipment for IFR operations which I gather by its description you do, then
this aircraft anywhere close to its original configuration is NOT well suited
to the task.  IT is akin to using a carpenter's hammer and chisel to remove a
driveway, instead of a jackhammer.  It will get the job done, BUT....  A second
example of a similarly designed aircraft would be the Sonex, which like the
KR2, and KR2S is primarily designed for VFR day, and if carefully built VFR
night operations.  Most here agree that it is not stable enough for intentional
IFR operations, and powerplants designed for high altitude operations are not
practical for use in this airframe, without considerable modification.  In my
opinion, you would be better off buying the designing software from DiVinci
Technologies and scratch building your desired aircraft, since after modifying
the KR2 to do all you want it to do, it will not be anything close to the same
plane.  Better examples to follow for your intended use are the Lancair Legacy,
Glassair, and Mustang II.
Colin Rainey KR2(td)
crain...@cfl.rr.com
Sanford, Florida