From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Langford
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 8:35 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Re: Spar lamination direction

Brian Kraut wrote:

> The only thing I wouldn't do is build a spar with a horizontal glue line
> right where a bolt hole is going for the wing attach fitting.

This question has come up several times, and I believe a search through the
archives will uncover a reply from our resident structural engineer whiz,
Don Reid.  His take on it is exactly that, it doesn't matter either way, but
don't put a bolt through the glue line.  I did it the way I did it because
it came from Wicks sawn such that it was obvious that this was the way it
had to go.  I figured they knew what they were doing...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford