At 06:51 PM 6/11/2004, you wrote:
>I was reading Tony Bingellis's book last night and he said not to ream a
>hole in wood because it will come out oversized.  I have never tried it.

I did a set of tests before I did mine.  After reaming, the fit was
perfect.  Half of the bolts were very difficult to push through with my
hand.  The other half had to be tapped lightly with a soft hammer to get
them in.  With the final installation, I spread varnish on the bolts and
the fit was slightly easier since that acted as a lubricant.

Don Reid  -  donreid "at" erols.com
Bumpass, Va

Visit my web sites at:

AeroFoil, a 2-D Airfoil Design And Analysis Computer Program:
http://www.eaa231.org/AeroFoil/index.htm

KR2XL construction: http://users.erols.com/donreid/kr_page.htm
Aviation Surplus: http://users.erols.com/donreid/Airparts.htm
EAA Chapter 231: http://eaa231.org