Terry,

I would never advise you to fly your plane over gross.  However, at 580#, your
KR is one of the lighter ones out there.  Most now days are tipping the scales
at 650 - 750# (or more!) and have the licensed gross weight in the 1100 - 1200
lb range using the same spars you are using.  My KR is routinely flown at 1050
- 1100# and is usually pushing 1200# when I'm loaded up for a trip.  I'm quite
sure that I've had it over that a few times.  Does it fly well at those
weights?  Yes, as long as the CG is right.  Although I do find that at 1200# my
climb starts getting a little weak around 14,000'.  Get a copy of this year's
KR Gathering video.  Every time you see a plane with two people on board, it's
probably well over the 900# gross set on your plane.

-Jeff Scott

-- "Terry Teer" <terryt...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Have a very nice KR2 for sale.  Purchased the plane with intentions of keeping
current in T/W.  I believe that I am too heavy (195) to carry anybody.  Gross
Weight is 900 and empty is 580 with 14 gallon tank.   Is the plane safe to fly
over gross?  Any suggestions or buyers?  1994 KR2 revmaster 2180, posa, duel
ignition, flaps, standard instruments, no radio, flip forward canopy, landing
lights, nav lights, custom gear. 15,500.00

Regards,
Terry