From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Ameet Savant
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 5:02 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Yahoo groups feature list

KRnetters,

Before you lash out on me (like Larry here), please
bear in mind a few things:

1) There is no need to get a new email address at
yahoo to be able to use their groups. You don't even
have to go to yahoo's website to look at the messages
you can get it in your email inbox. Just like you do
now.

2) I was merely listing the features of yahoo groups
so that we (or our moderator) can use that information
to compare with other groups to make a decision of
moving if there is a need.

3) About the popup ads: There are no pop up ads if you
receive the messages in your inbox. If you get popup
ads they could be because of the ISP you are using or
the possible existance of spyware on your system, I
recently had to clean my computer due to spyware and I
don't have any popup problems anymore. I also use
Google toolbar to block popups and yes it is free to
download and yes it is wonderful tool and no it does
not have any advertisement.

4) I am not going to defend yahoo groups. but I am
going to respond to people who don't have their facts
straight.

The fact is, I was researching the features and I
informed all of you of them.. thats it.

The fact is I have used yahoo for email and groups
both with success.

The fact is, to experience all the features of yahoo
groups I created and tested the group that I sent you
an email about.

The fact is, I am not selling yahoo to you, just
giving you information that you can use to make a
decision and I hope the rest of you (Larry has already
crossed the bridge) don't use this to attack me.

Regards,
Ameet Savant