Gathering Attendees,

I will be posting the final Gathering income/expense sheet to the
Gathering web page in the next few days.  Thanks to the generous
donations and good attendance at the banquet, the finances
are in great shape.  The Gathering funds balance will have grown
from $1864 going into this years Gathering to right at $2900
for next year.  Awesome !!!  I think we may have reached the
point that we can consider eliminating the "begging for funds"
at the banquet.

Most people attending the Gathering assumed I live locally. The
fact is I live about 50 miles south of Mt.Vernon.  That made it
rather expensive for me personally to host the Gathering.
Eight to ten trips to airport board meetings, EAA chapter meetings,
meeting with hotel people, caterer, airport manager, etc. were
100 mile round trips each.  Throw in the motel bill, an ink
cartridge and phone calls and you can see where this is headed.

I'm satisfied and I hope everyone is comfortable with me reimbursing
myself $100 for expenses ( primarily the mileage, ink cartridge, and phone
calls).  I'll cover my own motel bill as everyone else did.

We didn't set a date for next years Gathering.  Most people assumed
it will be the same time of year but we also have those that want an
earlier date.  How do we resolve the issue?  Take a vote on the
Gathering web page?  I don't want 20 e-mails a day on the net
saying I want this date or I want that date.  I'll work something out
with Bob Lee, the web page creator, and let everyone know.

Thanks again to everyone that helped make the Gathering a huge
success.  It certainly isn't a one man show.  YEEEEEE HAAAAA

Larry Flesner