I won't argue that Troy saw an improvement in performance with the new wing,
but I found no advantage to adding gap seals to the RAF 48 airfoil.

Several years ago I tried the mylar film on my KR and carefully documented the
performance with and without the gap seals.  In short, I found that it added
nothing to the climb performance and nothing to the speed.  However, it did
make the ailerons very heavy in flight.  If you have the RAF 48 wing, I would
advise that if you want to try this, do your test flying first without it, then
add the film later.  Check the archives for details from the testing.

Jeff Scott

-- Mark Jones <mjo...@muellersales.com> wrote:
Ever wanted to seal those gaps on your ailerons or even your rudder and
horizontal stabilizer? Troy Petteway has proven performance can be greatly
enhanced, especially your climb performance, if you close the gaps on the
bottom of your ailerons. This is especially true on the new AS50xx airfoil.
The best material we have found so far to do this with is Mylar strips. The
Mylar has a thickness of .010 (10 mil) and is held on the wing with 3M #444
double sided tape.

Now includes pop-up blocker!