I promised not to post much, but I must share this.

On December 19, 1999 Myself and a friend decided to
leave my house on our motorcycles and go to the local
Hooters restaurant for wings. We never made it.
After watching the space shuttle night launch from my
driveway, we departed. Approximately 1.4 miles from my
house, in a residential area, going 35mph, a drunk
driver coming from the other direction crossed the
centerline and hit us head on.  I had the most severe
injuries.  After a long hospital stay, and many months
of recovery, I finally was able to get back to work
and life. My point????

Since I was old enough to ride, I have owned, raced,
wrenched, prepared, and trained on motorcycles of
every different caliber. I wore the best safety
equipment, became a certified safety instructor, and
was considered by all who knew me to be one of the
safest motorcyclists around this area. "Never in a
million years would I dream that it would happen to
you", is what people would say to me. But it did.
Preparation, knowledge, a mentality of safety first,
and all of the scenario practice cannot stop what may
be simply inevitable. Or maybe it can.

I don't wish to expound my religious beliefs on
anyone. But I believe that when it is your time, you
will die. That night, it wasn't my time.

It was Steve's time.  It may be yours next.

>From someone who came close, please listen to me. You
can analyze Steve's accident all you wish, as it's a
good tool to learn.  You can prepare your plane all
you like. But if you haven't walked up to the people
you love and told them so lately, you are not
prepared. Because, all of you great engineering minds,
statistics show that it isn't your plane that will
kill you.....it's disease.  ANd you can't engineer
your way out of that one.

So when you are done reading this, you can heed my
advice, curse me, love me, or tell me to go away.

But tell someone you love them, before it's too late.
Because no matter what you think, you just never know
when it's time.

Was Steve's wreck cause by an accelerated stall from
the added weight and a steep turn?  I don't know. Was
it control surface failure? I don't know. Was it a
mistake on his part? I don't know.

What I do know is that the show of support from all
these friends is the true measure of what his life
really was.

Can you say that about yourself?  Live his
example.....with or without the damn parachute.

Scott

http://mail.yahoo.com