From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of John Bouyea
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 10:00 AM
To: KRNet
Subject: KR> KR1 Quoted in EAA Newsletter

Directly "reprinted" from the latest weekly EAA Email newsletter;

HALLMARKS OF HOMEBUILDING -

KEN RAND'S COMPOSITE AIRPLANE, THE KR-1

Among the most talked about airplanes at the 1972 Oshkosh EAA Convention
and
Fly-In was the Rand Robinson KR-1 created by Ken Rand of EAA Chapter 92
in
Huntington Beach, California. Not so much the airplane, which was so
small
that some EAAers figured it had to be either a large RC model or some
over-indulgent father's taxiing toy for his child. What made the
airplane
special-and what now accords it "Hallmark" status-is how it was put
together
and what it was made out of.
http://www.airventure.org/2006/events/hallmarks_rand5.html

John Bouyea