What part of "Thou shalt not steal" seems mysterious to you?

Ron Freiberger

mail to ronandmar...@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-bounces+ronandmartha=earthlink....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+ronandmartha=earthlink....@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Kenhenderson
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:38 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Plans

Thanks to all who replied to my first post. I have several dumb
questions to ask about plans. I have 2 sets, 1 from 1975 with a serial #
and 1 from 1984 with no number. It has been advised that I contact
Jeanette Rand and have my name transferred to the numbered plans. Do you
have to have a set of plans registered to you in order to build a legal,
registered airplane? What prevents a person from copying a set of plans
and using them for construction? Ethics perhaps? Would a new set of
plans have noticeable improvements over the ones I have and would it be
advantageous to order said plans? Please answer on or off net to my
e-mail address. Still looking for a fixed main gear to replace the
retracts. Thanks, Ken