> BTW: I did not have a total power outage. The power suddenly dropped to
> idle and I was able to get surges of power up to 1500 rpm but could not
> keep it there. Upon landing, I taxied in.

If you have a weak  fuel to one or two cylinders, you would probably have
blow-torched a piston - been there, done that with out of balance su carbs
on an old MG Midget, so I don't fancy your poor air to one cyl theory, I
think it sounds more like your original fuel pump/blockage theory.

I have heard of instances where a bit of grit in the fuel line acts like a
valve, as you draw fuel, it gets sucked up the line until it reaches a
narrowing where it blocks the fuel off, when the power is cut, it drops
back down the tube, and fuel flow returns to normal...

Another thought, blocked vent? problem with that as a theory is it is
unlikely  to happen when you are on the ground, however you could
prove/disprove that one by running the engine with the fuel cap off.

Pete