Well, finally had time today to drive over and pickup my motor mount from
William Wynne's hangar. He has had it ready since Monday but work kept me from
getting it until today. I ordered it just before Sun n Fun knowing that it
would be after the flyin before it was ready. Clark's Corvair running behind on
the OT 10 cams delayed me a month waiting, so I had told WW to not be in a
hurry about the mount. Not thinking about the summer being that busy, WW got
committed to two other flyin's and Oshkosh, so only in the last week has the
hangar crew gotten back in town in full to get back to normal and begin the
routine of engine support again. As usual they were all in the middle of some
development work on several different engines at the same time, one of which
was a re-build of a Corvair motor that the owner said " It has all kinds of
special stuff inside!".  It was so special that it would not even run. Kevin
and Gus had just finished going ALL the way through it to make it right, and in
Kevin's words, "It would be easier to explain what I didn't have to change or
fix." The Zodiac is sporting a new Sensenich wooden prop that almost looked
like it was dripping clear lacquer. WW also showed me the new KR cowling molds
and told me that his mold guy is getting 10 cowlings ready as we speak. I just
missed Bill Clapp as he was leaving to fly back to Valdosta sporting the new
cowling, so you guys at the Gathering will see it before me I think.  WW is
already talking about and getting geared up for Corvair College #9 in November.
Should be a good one. We hope to make an appearance at that one.

Assembling the motor tonight and hoping to move the plane home maybe this
weekend for the beginning of the mounting of the motor. Stay tuned....

Colin Rainey
KSFB
N96TA