In an effort to help "fact" rule over "opinion" here on the kr net,
I've been looking for a simple explanation on propeller efficiency
and I think I found it at the following web page.

http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_askjd/dj_questions/fourblade.html

It is a fairly simple read and I've included some of it below.  Make
sure you read the entire article and not just the part that supports
your opinion.  Two blades Vs. multi-blades?  Each is better some
of the time.

Larry Flesner
In the real world things aren't quite so perfect. The power from the
motor is spread over the disk by the propeller blades, but for a
finite number of blades they can't get it spread perfectly even
across the entire surface. With only two blades the power gets
concentrated in two radial stripes, with a relatively thin layer of
peanut bu... oops, I mean power, spread over the rest of the disk.
Whenever you concentrate a lot of power into a relatively
concentrated space, the induced losses get worse. By adding blades we
can spread the power more evenly over the disk, and improve on those
induced losses.

So let's all use 10,000 bladed props, right? Well, not quite. Two
things get in the way. If you increase the number of blades, those
blades need to be narrower. For a given amount of power you need
roughly the same total blade area to absorb it in a given diameter,
so that area divided among more blades means the blades get skinnier.

One side effect is that with their chord now reduced, their Reynolds
numbers get lower, and you all probably know what happens to the
efficiency of airfoils when their Reynolds numbers (a.k.a. "Scale
effect"; chord times speed times air density divided by air
viscosity) get smaller.

An even bigger effect in most cases (at least for full-scale props)
is that their profile losses get worse. We're moving a greater number
of objects through the air, so we create a bigger stir and lose a
greater amount of energy doing so. More blades means lower induced
losses, but higher profile losses.

High power/low speed situations like takeoff and climb are dominated
by induced losses, so more blades tend to help there. Cruise and
other high speed flight conditions have higher mass flow through the
prop (because of the higher speed), so they tend to be more sensitive
to profile losses. Just as with an aircraft, where the highest L/D
will occur when induced drag is exactly equal to parasite drag, for a
propeller the optimum number of blades in any given flight condition
will be where the induced losses are equal to the profile losses.