Ron,
        I'll take a little shot at an answer for ya here. I have the same
plane as Mark Jones and a 3100 corvair. Mine is pretty well cleaned up
and mine has been truing out at 172 mph although this morning  with
everything really working well today the true was 176 mph. From flying
with Langford and Clapp my plane is pretty equal with theirs. Climb is
also pretty darn close. Both of them as tail draggers.  I am very certain
Langford will suck my canopy off when he pass' me with his new 3100
installed. Either way you won't actually be disappointed.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, Pa.
joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com